8.31.2010

another summer ends.....


I just realized it has been WAY too long since my last post. I have no idea where the time has gone...i mean..did we really even have a summer?!? To recap as much as I can...we have had a great couple months. Most of our time was spent at the pool and outside, if the weather would cooperate. Mac turned into a little fish this summer. He took his first swim lessons, learned to jump in w/out a floatie, hold his breath under water, swim under water, put on his goggles and dive for items, and even learned how to do a "flip" with Grandpa Chippy. It is crazy how much he learned in just a few short months. Maybe next year I will be that mom that gets to sit on the side of the pool and read a book. well...maybe not.

Other than turning into a water rat...Mac also decided to tackle potty training a couple weeks ago. I had tried to get him interested during the middle of the summer but for some reason that stubborn little personality of his decided it wasn't time. All of a sudden a few weeks ago he just up and decided he wanted to put on his big boy underwear and give it a try. He is done really well...considering. Of course he has the occasional accident..usually when I am on the phone for work. Nothing like being on a phone call with a patient and then Mac takes a poopy on the bathroom floor and I just spit out "oh--mac try to get to the potty...we dont go shooey on the floor" and then remember that I am on the phone when I hear the other person say" ummm...excuse me??" Oh..the joys...I could write about book just about the past couple weeks!

These pics are of Mac hosing himself off after eating dinner. He wanted to go outside and play so Charlie took him outside to let him get the rest of his energy out (and let me tell you he has more than i could ever imagine)....of course the "hose down" wasn't planned but he basically face-planted into one of Malleys landmines and needless to say that was the best solution. He has been so much fun this summer and I hate to see the days of summer end. Thanks for hanging on with me through this post...I really needed to catch up!!

2 comments:

Kate Kehne said...

Mac is such a cutie!

Lindsay said...

LOVE that little man! glad you finally updated your blog! :)