


Mac has been walking now for the past couple weeks and some days I find myself thinking that I absolutely can not say "no touch", "no, no that is malley's water", "please put that back"..or any of the other daily phrases one more time:) At this stage, like every other one that he has gone through before, some things get easier and some things get harder. The convenience of having him hold my hand when I have groceries, or telling him to go get a book is a plus...but forgetting to close the bathroom door while getting a drink of water and finding Charlie's keys in the toilet.... is a minus.
He has mastered getting in and out of things and these are just a few that I have caught on camera. He is understanding so much and "talking" up a storm these days too. Favorite words so far: bye-bye, nigh-nigh(he says this if he is ready to go to bed and puts his hand over his ear), mama, dada, mal-mal(malley), wa-wa(water), ba(balloon, ball..anything with a "b") cchh(cheerios), mo-mo(more)..he has picked up some new signs and has also some new animal sounds. I know this sounds like a bragging list..but it is not intended as that...just some cute vocabulary!
I am reading the book "It All Goes Back in the Box" and it has been a wonderful reminder of how many of the things that we treasure so much here on earth...are not going to be with us forever. It has helped me to be aware of the time that I have here with Mac and to enjoy every moment of it. At the end of one of the chapters it said "the days may go by slow, but the year's go by too fast..life has no rewind button." I look at Mac and know that I can't rewind all of those wonderful moments... and I don't think that I want to hit fast forward either..
2 comments:
This is such a sweet post and it should be a reminder to all of us to treasure the little moments...It is amazing how fast the time passes with your children.
P.S. I sure do enjoy that little boy of yours too!
Love it and love the fun stage Mac is in right now...exploring EVERYTHING and discovering so many new things! You can just see the excitement in their eyes. Your words are so true...it passes quickly. Enjoy.
Post a Comment