10.14.2008

sand and sun...





Mac had his first trip to the beach...we went to Oak Island with my parents for a couple days. Mac had a great time and Charlie and I enjoyed ourselves too! It is not quite the same going to the beach with a little one..this was the first time that I didn't spend every waking moment out on the beach..but it was so worth it. Watching Mac play in the sand, wave at the birds, hang out in the sun and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere was exciting.... I think he learned 5 new tricks while he was down there! We had a great time and can't wait to go again next year!

A little summary of what Mac is up to these days: pushing his walking toy all over the house ( a video of that to come shortly), dancing in the car while looking at himself in the mirror, playing and riding his spiderman toy, saying "bye-bye" and "night-night" (more like "nigh-nigh"), signing "more" everytime he wants more food, pulling out his favorite books and insisting that you read them (I feel like I spend the whole day reading books:), and our personal favorite is asking "what does a piggy say?" and he scrunches up his nose and makes a pig sound...makes us laugh everytime! He is getting so big and we feel like everyday he is showing us something new. We can't believe that next month we will be celebrating his one year b-day...the time is flying by and there are times we wish that we could just hold on to this stage a little longer.

No comments: